Come Unto Christ.org
Learn of God and Jesus Christ
You are a literal child of God and he is your loving Heavenly Father. We invite you to learn of God by coming unto Jesus Christ.
Whatever your level of belief, allow us to add to it.
Learn of the Restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ and the Church of Jesus Christ.
Learn how Jesus Christ can heal you from anything.
Learn how your marriage and family can continue eternally after death.
Learn the words of a living prophet and apostles of Jesus Christ.
Learn that the heavens are once again open and God speaks to his children—you included! You can know for yourself that these things are true.
An invitation to learn of God and Jesus Christ
This Web site contains information about the beliefs of the Mormon Church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) concerning, specifically, Jesus Christ. As Christians, Mormons believe that Jesus is the Son of God and that he came to earth to effect an atoning sacrifice for God's children—for all of us.
To learn more about what Mormons believe, feel free to browse through the information on this site. Use the menu at the left side to select a subject that interests you. Much of the content on this site is organized sequentially, so we suggest that you start with the first section—The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ—and read each sub-section in order.
What is the message of the gospel of Jesus Christ?
Here are some of the beliefs that Mormons embrace concerning Jesus Christ, his gospel, and his church:
- The original gospel of Jesus Christ. Christ originally delivered the gospel of Jesus Christ in its purity. The gospel of Jesus Christ includes:
- God is our loving Heavenly Father and we are his children.
- Jesus Christ voluntarily came into the world to reveal God, our Heavenly Father, to us and to do God's will. As prophesied, Jesus Christ will soon come to earth again.
- God, our Heavenly Father, sent Jesus Christ into the world to be lifted up on the cross and pay the penalty of our sins — something we could not do for ourselves. Because of Jesus Christ’s atonement, we can repent, receive an authoritative baptism, receive the gift of the Holy Ghost, and eventually return to God's presence.
- Jesus Christ died and was literally resurrected. Having overcome death, Jesus Christ now has the power to resurrect all of God's children.
- Jesus Christ is the judge of all men. Those who exercise faith in Christ, repent of their sins and are baptized in his name can be sanctified by the Holy Ghost. If they endure to the end, Jesus Christ will hold them guiltless before God, our Heavenly Father, and be their Mediator and Advocate. Only by obedience to the gospel of Jesus Christ can we live again with God. Only by the authorized priesthood power of Jesus Christ can marriages and families continue eternally beyond death.
- The original Church of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ originally established a perfect church organization, which included Apostles and prophets whom Jesus Christ endowed with his priesthood power and authority.
- The Great Apostasy. After the death of Jesus Christ, the apostles were also persecuted and killed. Wicked men perverted the gospel principles and assumed Christ's authority. The Church of Jesus Christ, the fulness and purity of the gospel and Jesus Christ’s priesthood power were lost, and the world experienced long centuries of spiritual darkness — the Great Apostasy..
- The Reformers. Reformers started movements to protest existing Christian beliefs that had become corrupted. Their uprising splintered Christianity into many protestant churches and paved the way for the Restoration of the gospel and actual Church of Jesus Christ.
- The Restoration. As a supernal act of love, God the Father reached out to his children and restored the gospel of Jesus Christ. In 1820, God, our Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ appeared to a young 14-year old boy, Joseph Smith, and called him to be the prophet to restore—not reform—the original gospel, power and Church of Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is convincing evidence of this Restoration.
- The true Church of Jesus Christ fully restored. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon Church) is the only true church upon the earth. Now the fullness of all the gospel truths, priesthood authority, and saving ordinances of salvation—including baptism—are available to the world. Once more a living prophet receives continuing revelation from God concerning his children. Once more, as in ancient times, Apostles are the foundation of the Church of Jesus Christ and guide its members.
What does 'Mormon' mean?
The Mormon Church is a nickname for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In English the word 'Mormon' means 'More Good.' Mormon was an ancient American prophet/general who abridged and engraved the sacred history of his people on plates of gold to preserve them. Before his death, Mormon delivered those plates to his son, Moroni, who completed the record and hid it up that it might come forth in these latter-days.
Today that sacred volume of scripture is called The Book of Mormon. Its purpose is to testify of the divinity of Jesus Christ, of Christ’s role as the Savior and Redeemer of the world, and to help prepare the world for Jesus Christ’s Second Coming. The Book of Mormon not only contains the history of God's dealings with the ancient inhabitants of America, it contains the fullness and purity of the gospel of Jesus Christ that he taught during his ministry.
Learn more about God, Jesus Christ and the restored Church of Jesus Christ in The Message of the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. For better comprehension, we suggest reading each section in order.