Come Unto Christ.org
The Commandments of God - Learn About God’s Commandments
The commandments of God are divine patterns of living
The commandments of God are sometimes called “patterns.” In other words, commandments are more than rules; they are the patterns of living that God follows. By living God's commandments we can become like God.
God's commandments--Why does he give them to us?
God has the right to give us commandments because we are his children and subject to him. Because God's commandments are his patterns of moral conduct, God gives us commandments as an act of love. God's commandments are designed to help us to become like him and experience the level of joy that God experiences.
Obeying and disobeying God's commandments
Living the commandments of God always leads to happiness, progression and liberty; disobeying commandments always leads to misery, regression and captivity.
The challenge in understanding and living God's commandments is to dig deeply enough to discover the reason for the commandments and to discover our loving relationship with God.
Examining the commandments of God
This section on the commandments of God examines the following topics:
- Obedience to God
- Prayer to God
- Study the Scriptures
- Keep the Sabbath Day Holy
- Baptism by Water
- Follow the Prophet
- God's Ten Commandments
- The Law of Chastity
- Obey the Word of Wisdom
- Keep the Law of Tithing
- Fasting and Prayer
- Obey the Law of the Land
Questions about 'The Commandments of God - Learn About God’s Commandments'
- The commandments of God are more than rules. How do God's commandments teach us about God's way of life?
- Ultimately, why does God give us commandments?
- What can we expect from living God's commandments? What can we expect if we disboey God's commandments?
- What is the challenge in understanding and living God's commandments?
- The Message of the Restoration of The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- The Plan of Salvation
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ
- The Commandments of God
- More Information